All international students must be fluent in English before they enroll. Applicants will be asked to furnish proof that they can read, write, and speak English fluently. International student applicants must meet the following requirement for admission to AIM.
If the student has passed at least five years of English language study (school transcripts should show this) or English is their native language, then an English proficiency test is not needed. The school reserves the right to accept an equivalent examination as deemed appropriate. If a student does not meet the requirements described above, the applicant must provide evidence of passing a standard English language test, meeting one of the requirements below:
- Minimum TOEFL Paper and Pencil test score of 475
- Minimum TOEFL iBT score of 55
- Minimum IELTS score of 5.5
- Both a minimum IELTS score of 5.0 and a minimum AIM’s Standard Assessment of Functional English (SAFE) Exam score of 15 out of 20
- PTE Academic Test score of 42 minimum
If a student scores between 450 and 475 for the TOEFL paper test, between 45 and 55 for iBT, or a bandwidth score between 5.0 and 5.5 for IELTS, the school may grant conditional acceptance provided that the applicant agrees to enroll into a pathways to English as a second language program. Prior to enrollment at AIM, the student would be required to provide proof of ESL course completion, as well as evidence that their English language testing scores had improved to meet the standards as outlined. AIM applicants are uniquely reminded that the FAA requirement for successful A&P certification mandates the candidate read, write and speak in the English language.
- Proof of successful completion of a secondary school program that is equivalent to high school in the United States. Verification of International Diplomas and/or Certificates is accomplished using a corporate-approved credential translation and evaluation service.
- Valid passport with an expiration date at least 6 months past the course completion date.
- Certification of financial ability to meet tuition and other necessary expenses or ability to qualify for financial aid as an eligible non-citizen.
* You must be 18 years of age.